I sprained my ankle almost three weeks ago but it still hurts to bear weight?

A week and a half ago I misstepped at the bottom of a flight of stairs and landed with my weight on the outside of my left ankle. It hurt a surprising amount, probably because I sprained the same ankle almost a year ago and it was already unstable. I've been unable to bear weight so I've been using crutches... show more A week and a half ago I misstepped at the bottom of a flight of stairs and landed with my weight on the outside of my left ankle. It hurt a surprising amount, probably because I sprained the same ankle almost a year ago and it was already unstable. I've been unable to bear weight so I've been using crutches for the past few weeks. I'm concerned because when I sprained my ankle last year I only needed to use crutches for one week and the pain died down another week later. I also went to a doctor which proved to be unneccessary other than acquiring the crutches. But this time I'm not sure when I'll be able to move my ankle properly and I'm slightly worried I might've done worse than sprain it. I'm also not sure if this might be normal for a second-time sprain. I don't want to go through the hassle of a useful doctor visit and treatment I can do on my own it's still just a sprain that will heal pretty soon --is it worth it to have it checked out anyway?