sciatica pain?

So for months now I've been experiencing a really sharp pain that shoots down my leg, at first I had very little lower back pain but the skin on my thigh was almost completely numb.

Like an idiot I ignored it and eventually the numbness turned into tingling that traveled down my leg and into the outer portion of my foot.

I've been to a chiropractor but he was causing me more pain so I stopped going.

I didn't have insurance so he didn't want to take xrays, and after asking me some questions he came to the conclusion that I MIGHT have a herniated disc, he proceeded to twist and pop my back for about 2 months that ended up causing me a lot of pain, which eventually led me to the hospital where they took xrays and said they couldn't find the reason for the pain.

So ive been experiencing this leg and back pain for a while and the only thing that soothes it is anti inflammatories.

Do you know of any other way I can relieve this pain and possibly loosen the stiffness? As of now I can barely lift it without feeling pain and tightness shooting to my lower back.

Favorite Answer

As you have found out Chiropractors just have the same silly "treatment" for everything..."crack your spine" Also be aware that "hio" chiropractic" is the most laughable type of quackery, even among chiropractors themselves..https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100... Without proper medical intervention you are just wasting time and money. Go to a real doctor and see if physical therapy is advised. You just might be suffering from piriformis syndrome.

• http://symptomstreatment.org/piriformis-syndrome/

1

Source(s): Instant Relief From Sciatica - http://SciaticaCure.ohfos.com/?eoE
  • daisy

So this quack thought you "might have a herniated disc" and his course of action was the crack your back for TWO months?? If you didn't have a disc problem then, I bet you do now. Stop fooling around and see a real doctor. Just curious Brandon....did this "doctor" also crack your neck as part of his "treatment"? Sciatica does not originate in the neck, just another chiro scam.

• Mr E
      5 years agoReport

try learning a little basic anatomy.

• Gloria

This sounds stupid but when you sleep at night try putting a bed pillow between your knees. this will align you knees with your spine and will take the pressure of the sciatic nerve. I also agree that you need to contact the doctor that prescribed the MRI for some pain relievers

• Mr E

now go see someone who knows what they're doing, an hio method chiropractor. the problem doesn't originate in the low back, but in the upper neck.