Sciatica pain?

So for months now I've been experiencing a really sharp pain that shoots down my leg, at first I had very little lower back pain but the skin on my thigh was almost completely numb. Like an idiot I ignored it and eventually the numbness turned into tingling that traveled down my leg and into the outer portion... show more So for months now I've been experiencing a really sharp pain that shoots down my leg, at first I had very little lower back pain but the skin on my thigh was almost completely numb.
Like an idiot I ignored it and eventually the numbness turned into tingling that traveled down my leg and into the outer portion of my foot.

I've been to a chiropractor but he was causing me more pain so I stopped going.
I didn't have insurance so he didn't want to take xrays, and after asking me some questions he came to the conclusion that I MIGHT have a herniated disc, he proceeded to twist and pop my back for about 2 months that ended up causing me a lot of pain, which eventually led me to the hospital where they took xrays and said they couldn't find the reason for the pain.

So ive been experiencing this leg and back pain for a while and the only thing that soothes it is anti inflammatories.

Do you know of any other way I can relieve this pain and possibly loosen the stiffness? As of now I can barely lift it without feeling pain and tightness shooting to my lower back.