Which would be best for me PS3 or PS4?

I'm looking to get one of Sony's systems in order to play Final Fantasy XIV with some friends and family who are scattered around the country as a way of staying connected. Aside from that I would only mainly use it as an entertainment system for blue ray, netflix, etc.

Favorite Answer

Stick with The Playstation 3. It has ever app you need, from Netflix, The WWE Network, and Music and Video Unlimited. Plus, The Playstation 3 has better media playback. If you have a Windows 7 or Window 8 computer, then you can stream your video, movies, and music from your computer to your Playstation 3. I have both consoles, and The Playstation 4 has weaker media playback. Plus, there are more games on The Playstation 3 at the moment, and you can play them with your friends. And other thing, you can play your iPod on your Playstation 3, not on your Playstation 4. Some games will let you play music on the background on your Playstation 3, but not all. Oh, and The Playstation 3 has Hulu too!

Depends, ps3 is a nice console but if there is a game releasing in the future that you might like I would get the ps4. Ps4 and pa3 are both goid with entertainment and just depends what you are looking for

If you're looking into purchasing future games, get the PS4 since it's current gen. Current gen will have all the top-titles of the generation. If you're looking for strictly an entertainment system and to play old PS3 games, do the PS3. Netflix, Blue Ray, YouTube, etc. work great enough on it.

PS4 if you have the option better hardwear is the way to go.

PS3