I need opinions on a logo?

I'm working on a logo for my accessories line called Sabi. I'm planning to launch late this year or early next year. I've been playing around with it and I came up with some roughs. It's a fun and lively brand. My goal with the logo was to be simple, fun, and eye catching at the same time.

Please let me know your opinions and please don't be scared to critique or give a few pointers.

• Tim D
    Favorite Answer

One of the first things to consider when creating a logo is how it is going to be used. You will probably need a business card and since this is a accessories line it will probably need to be embroidered or printed on a label and possibly at quite a small scale. With that in mind I suspect your lotus(?) is too fine to print (or embroider) at a small scale, you might want to consider filling in the outer petals and leaving the inner petals as white (rather than include the intricate detail), leaving the centre as it is, although you might need to cut down the blobs. Still considering the production I would suggest that the outlined text is also going to cause legibility problems.

The typeface choice also needs to be sympathetic with the image, option 1 is quite jarring, the delicate icon is struggling against the rather sterile sans serif (although that might change if you amend the icon). I do not think options 2-3 will produce successfully. But 4 and 5 are a much better choice, although you could try other flowing scripts and altering the relative scales by minute amounts.

Finally it is always worth printing out the logo at the sizes it is going to be used and then assessing it – it is too easy to get drawn into the failing of only looking on screen without considering the final use.

The name in black stands out more. The top one is good for printed tags, but for a letterhead I'd go with the bottom one.