Wedding Invitation Wording Help?

Groom's Mother remarried after Father had passed. Don't want new husband listed. How to word the line?

Do we (Bride & Groom) use last names on invites or just First & Middle?

Brides Parents are the hosts.

Most of Brides familywill be there.

Groom's family will only be like 3-5 people. (Mother, New husband, & Grandfather) that's it.

• Paula
    Favorite Answer

Something like this discretely avoids mentioning the groom's mother's husband:

David and Mary Doe

cordially invite ......

to the wedding of their daughter Jane Sue,

to Andrew John Smith,

son of Becky Brown and the late John Smith

The mention of the groom's late father is optional. You can alter it to use Mr/Mrs/Ms all through for the parents if you'd like to be more formal. You can put in your surname if you want (it's just usually tradition not to).

Also there are lots of sample invitation wordings on the web.

Mr and Mr smith. We ARE Truly Sorry To Announce That THE Bridesmaid Mom Didn't WANT To Include Her NEW Husband On Here So Please Don't Look At Her With An Ugly look. Enjoy our party bonjour!

Mr and Mrs John Smith request the pleasure of your company at the wedding of their daughter Sarah to James Brown, the son of Mrs. Elizabeth Powers and the late Mr. Jasper Brown.

you only include the persons paying for the wedding in the beginning where they are issuing the invitation as hosts and you must list the mother of the groom using her new married name.

Mr and Mrs John Smith

and

Mrs Jane Doe

Invite you the marriage of their children

Jessica Ann

and

Thomas John Smith

My husband gave me a list of ten people.

When I shown it to his mother, she could not believe on how many people he did not put on. Like his father whole family(Uncles, Aunts, grandparents, cousins) Are you sure there nobody else?

• Yes I am sure that is everyone that is coming. His side of the family wants nothing to do with anyone. They didn't even know he was born unti l he was like 5. They just a bunch of Drug peoples. I don't care who they invite as long as they let us know. Its the Mother of the Groom & Groom's Decision.