How do I take a screenshot?

Update:

How do I take a screenshot from my laptop?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Press the "Print Screen" ( Prt Scr) key on your keyboard. This will capture an image of your entire screen and copy it to the clipboard.

Paste the screenshot. Once you’ve made the screenshot, you will need to paste it to a program in order to see it. The most common way to paste it is into a Paint file. This will allow you to save it as an image file that can be transferred to others.

Save a full-screen screenshot directly to a file in Windows 8. When you press ⊞ Win+⎙ PrtScr, you will save a full-screen screenshot directly to a file without having to paste it into another program first. The file is saved to the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder. If the Screenshots folder does not exist, Windows will create one.

The picture is saved in PNG format.Screenshots are automatically labeled "Screenshot", and a number will appear in parentheses for each consecutive screenshot.

• 6 years ago

Taking a screen shot is very easy, just press PrintScreen button from your keyboard, and the snapshot of your current screen is taken automatically by the system, then you can save this snap as per your location in the system and if it does not asks you to save the picture then you can find the taken snapshot in the pictures folder of the system.

• 6 years ago

Press PrintScreen button, then open up a program like Word and paste it in.

• 6 years ago

If you have a mac, you hold down the shift and command keys, and then hit the "3" at the same time. I don't know how to do it on Windows, but you can look it up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Just press PrntScrn and paste on program like Paint,Outlook,Word,Excel and save it.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Right above "Backspace" on the key board is a key that says"PrtScn".. Hit that, go to a NEW word page, paste it, then either send it to yourself or print it.. Good Luck!

• 6 years ago

just press print screen button and save the screen short.

• 6 years ago

it depends on what phone you have but its usually you have to old down the power button and the home button. push then at the same time

• 6 years ago

elaborate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.