When Was The Last Time You Saw A Spot Pass In Football?

I just read how Adam Vinatieri complained after missing two extra points in the Pro Bowl and one of the people who posted a comment said :

"No more pro bowl, What a huge waste of time, I think a third place games between the losers of the NFL and AFL Championship games. How about bringing in the famous "SPOT PASS" on kick offs? Where the guy who catches the ball can pass down field to a receiver if he catches the ball and does not move from the spot. He must yell "SPOT PASS" or give a sign letting the defense know his intention.

Borrowing a quote from Hans Gruber ... "I must have missed 60 Minutes what is he saying?"

I'm a few days shy of turning 51 and don't think I've ever seen this type of play. Was it common back in the day or something?

Thanks and thumbs up to all who answer ... just give me time to get back and read the answers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/26/7902121/adam...

Favorite Answer

I'm a little older than you and I have never seen one.