Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 6 years ago

Did you know in 1958, Manchester United almost signed Ferenc Puskas but the FA blocked the deal because he couldn't speak English..?

How things could have been different...

Imagine an attack of Best, Charlton, Law, Puskas

Update:

He took Spanish nationality in 1962 as well, can you imagine if he took English nationality?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah... shows that United have been buying and attempting to buy success since the dawn of time!..

• 6 years ago

1958 saw the Munich disaster. You can't talk about Man United in 1958 without pointing out that they lost several star young players like Duncan Edwards. George Best was twelve in 1958. Dennis Law was 18 and Puskas was 31. Don't see the three playing on the same team - Bobby Charlton was only 21.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yeah going on what Ronnie said; then Real Madrid would not have won 5 straight European Championships which today we call the Champions League.

• 6 years ago

when in 1958? not meaning to be offensive or anything but if it was before feb then he can thank his lucky stars, LoL

i'm obviously glad this didn't happen as a die hard abu

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

That's the same reason they never signed Jamie Carragher.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I wouldn't believe that in a million years!

• 6 years ago

LMAO HOLY FK RONNIE JUST EARNED MY RESPECT

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

mf's

• 6 years ago

still pubbers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.