Mr. asked in PetsCats · 6 years ago

What should I do about a limping kitten?

A short while ago today I hurt my kitten's leg; she was laying under my legs (I didn't realize this until afterward) and I when I was getting up, I must've put pressure on her leg, because when I realized what I'd done I put her on the floor and she was limping with the back right leg.

She didn't make any noises when I crushed her leg, but is limping anyway. She seems more irritable when I pick her up, even when I don't press on her leg. And when I do, she reacts sharply and with a little yelp when I press the lower part of the leg, just above the paw. Other than that, she seems pretty normal.

She's about nine weeks old, if that matters.

Favorite Answer

Keep an eye on your kitten for a day or two. Most likely the problem is a minor sprain, strain, or bruise. If she is still limping after a day or two, or if the limping gets worse, then take her to the vet.

I would take the cat to the vet maybe, it is probably not to serious. If you do not wish to take it to the vet, get a kitty bed (or make one) and put it's food and water next to it, that way it can recover without having to use it's legs. Also have the litterbox nearby.

I bottlefeed and foster kittens often. They will usually limp for around 2 days, just keep an eye on her for the next couple of days, and if it still seems to be bothering her, take her to the vet