What can I use and make with sliced white mushrooms that are delicious?
I have 10 oz of bag . I don't want to thrown them away before they get soggy.
- CrustyCurmudgeonLv 75 years agoBest Answer
First, ALWAYS take mushrooms out of the air-tight container and put them in a paper bag before you refrigerate them. They may dry out, but they won't slime.
My favorite mushroom recipe is duxelles. Kind of like a French pesto. Here's a recipe, but I dry the mushrooms in the skillet under gentle heat, and leave them in slices:
1/2 lb.mushrooms (morels are great, but button mushrooms work)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter; divided
3 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup dry vermouth, sherry, or white wine
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1. Finely chop mushrooms in a food processor.
2. Scrape mushrooms out into a clean, cotton towel. (Note: Do not use terry cloth, and choose an old towel as you will stain it.)
3. Twist towel around mushrooms and wring out as much liquid as you can over the sink.
4. Heat a large (10-inch) non-stick skillet over a burner set between medium and medium-high.
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter and swirl to melt and avoid burning.
6. Add mushrooms, shallots, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and thyme.
7. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms appear dry and are beginning to brown; about 5 minutes.
- CBLv 75 years ago
- ?Lv 45 years ago
You can make an appetizer out of it with cream cheese and regular cheese.
- 5 years ago
I usually cook them with butter, rosemary, and garlic.