Should I fake it to my dad? It would definitely be believable, I just feel REALLY bad if I do this?

My dad said I had to get a certain grade on a test for us to go on a vacation to somewhere I really wanna go to. I got close to the grade, but not exactly. I can easily have someone email me a "fake" email saying I really did get that grade though. I'd feel really bad but it would be awesome. I've been dying to go to this place forever!

Listen, your dad is going to find out the truth.

In the game of life, I have found out that telling the truth might get you mad at me,(and you will get over it--in time) but, you would not go off like a roman candle if you found out I had lied. Then you might not get over it. You would not trust me in the future.

Lying makes things worse , because they will find out the truth, one way or other. You lose credibility as well.

Your dad will see that you tried and nearly received the grade needed for the trip.

Maybe he will still keep the deal. Ask him .

it is no secret when somebody else knows about it.

Tell the truth. You may not go on that vacation but you can earn your dads trust and he will be happy to know that you didn't have to lie to him. If he was to find out later that you lied then he would be upset. You never know you still might go, I know my mum used to make me and my siblings reach goals whatever they were and in the end if we did we would get to go on road trips. Even when we didn't exactly reach that goal she saw that we at least tried and didn't give up and she still rewarded us in the end.

Honesty is always the best policy...he will find out in the end about the grade won't he??? If you would feel bad maybe you shouldn't do it...good people are not determined on the good things they do when people are looking, but by the good things they do when nobody is looking....

No, you shouldn't. Tell the truth and earn some trust

Just do it. I'll even send the email in.

Simples...

You didn't earn it so you don't deserve it. I'm an independent adult and I STILL can't lie about big things.

I don't think you should fake it to him, you have to respect your parents and tell them the truth. You never know, he might let you go anyway.

Just do it why would you feel bad? For like making up a tiny lie. Who caressss

Source(s): Common sence
  • Jon

Can you live with your lie to your own dad?

If you can live with it. Can you?