Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 years ago

People who like modern music: You do realize none of your music will ever be able to stand up to classic legends, right?

you know, REAL artists like aretha franklin and johnny cash and merle haggard and the beatles and queen and black sabbath and rush and pink floyd and michael jackson and the temptations and ac/dc and van halen and the jackson 5 and chuck berry and elvis presley and bob dylan, right? those artists wrote their songs to be remembered forever while today's artists only care about money

name me ONE modern artist who will be remembered 50 years from now. ONE. can't name any? well, that's cuz they SUCK! and you know it and you're in denial and don't want to listen to REAL music.

Favorite Answer

THey think so

• ?

Listen, I love classic music and hate some modern music too. But that doesn't mean you have the right to sh*t all over people who like something different than you. I personally hate AC/DC (I find them somewhat misogynistic) and love Lorde. There's nothing wrong with that. Stop being such an elitist. And there are good modern artists that are just as good as the greats. Most of them aren't in the mainstream in my opinion, but they exist.

Everybody has their own taste in music, and no one should bash the other for what they like. Making fun of the music they like won't get them to like your music any better.

Also, I like classic music, but you just made a generalization; not all 'modern' music is bad.

Proof (and read the lyrics too, they mean something, and some use symbolization too):

2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-M1AtrxztU

Youtube thumbnail

2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg

Youtube thumbnail

2009- this song will be remembered. You said name a modern song that remained popular? This song came out in 2009. It's 2015 and STILL popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZLkw9io9C0

Youtube thumbnail

2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

Youtube thumbnail

• Elisa

Are you bashing Vicetone and R3hab? Classic legends may be nice to hear, but house music is one that makes you dance.

And que horror! You sound like crap. Listen to all the hits made in modern music. If you didn't want to live in modern times, then why are you even here right now?

• S

All music is real music. I'm pretty sure people who listen to modern music don't just hallucinate the songs they hear.

Get over yourself. I like both. Quit being such a snob. People like different things and it doesn't make you a special snowflake for liking old ****.

Too edgy for me

Also Adele is a great modern artist who sings and writes her songs.

You do realize how pathetic you sound right now, right?

People have different taste in music and arguing back and forth on which music is better is both immature and stupid, and will not get you anywhere. Grow up.

"name me ONE modern artist who will be remembered 50 years from now"

I highly doubt anyone on here is a psychic. YOUR musical taste is no general standard.

• Jeremy

I hate pink floyd........ but yeh 7/10; got responses. Standard material. Solid effort

Mind telling me what time machine you have to get your answer?

The top 40 station may produce infamous crap- it has for some time.