Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 5 years ago

Why do people hate Windows 8?

Most people tell me to stay away from Windows 8. Is it because it is unreliable? Or are people just used to older Windows systems? Are Android and Apple much better operating systems?

I need something with a good word processor, spread sheet program, and video player. I've always used DOS (ya, I'm showing my age) or Windows.

PS, I'm looking to get a Surface Pro 3 since I need a laptop and a tablet. Either that or an Apple laptop and iPad or Android tablet if Windows is bad. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Because Microsoft totally changed the user interface from what COMPUTER users were familiar with. I have used EVERY version of Windows and until Windows 8.0 they all had clickable application icons on a desktop and a menu where you could access other applications.

Windows 8.0 instead gave people a screen full of BIG TILES and initially no easy way to get a familiar desktop. It had STUPID GESTURES designed for a TABLET USER and expected non-touchscreen mouse-using computer users to do the same with their mouse. It was designed for their Windows Surface tablets and they forced it on EVERYONE since of course they force computer companies to stop using the older OS on computers.

Fortunately Windows 8.1 made it a bit easier configure it to get a familiar desktop and a Start Menu-like functionality.

• sirjester099
      5 years agoReport

Windows 8, 8.1 have a Windows 7 like desktop as well. Windows 8.1 can be configured to run like Windows 7 did if you aren't too lazy to take the time to learn it

Windows 8 is different than windows 7. Windows 8 change its model but Its faster.

I had Windows 8 and it crashed 2 months later. I dont like the metro screen and the lack of a start button. Even with Windows 8.1 it feels kind of buggy. I did a couple of workarounds Uninstalling Metro apps and downloading the classic shell start button, I dont really have a problem with Windows 8.1. Windows 7 is the most stable but after January 13 2015 Microsoft made it clear for people to upgrade to Windows 8.1 since they decided to end Win 7 mainstream support

It is a poor OS! Windows 8 is the reason I switched to Mac. I have used Windows from Win 95, and loved XP, and still use it occasionally. The Mac OS was user friendly easy to learn and is stable, Win 8 crashed all the time and was not comfortable to use. I am now Apple. I have an iMac MacBook, iPad and iPhone and a PC running Win XP.

• sirjester099
      5 years agoReport

I am almost sure that Apple's CEO Steve Balmer loves you :)

i heard that windows 8 is very thougher to use. because its whole working model is changed.

In the world 2/3 peaples use windows vertion(some is using 7,vista,xp or older and even 8).

when they all used win8 its totally changed.

i say that all the peaples are not alike. some will also like win8 while some dont. (im thinking of upgrading to win8) so i say that go for win 8 if you wish two.

Windows 8 layout is not good better than 7

As I have said in other posts Windows 8.1 is 2, 3x more stable than Windows 7 ever was completely patched up!

Because It is not Popular as windows 7.

They hate because they dont know how to use or operate, actually windows 8 a better OS then its previous version.

Dude. Tell them to shut it. Windows 8.1 is definitely an improvement from previous windows. Its faster, cleaner and much more. They hate it because the developers totally changed the user interface. BUT. If you like it, don't care what they say. They can't judge what you like is right or wrong. :)

Source(s): A user of Win 7 and Win 8.1