How can you fix a loud speaker's low frequency unit ?

I have JBL ES 90 and focal 705 v their bass driver dont work DUE TO amplifier ı BELİEVE there is no visual problem on speaker cone but bass is just dead I dont listen them at hıgh volume anyway my integral amplifier is 80 watt per channel ( HK 980 ) speakers handle more than that Maybe speaker magnet is dead ?

• Lance

In the back there should be a jumper plate between the upper and lower connections if not that needs to be replaced or else put a small piece of speaker wire to jump the gap....It could also be a problem in the cross over take one of the bass drivers out and with a flash light look inside for loose wires or a resistor or capacitor that has gone out in the crossover, more than likely if you find a cap that has gone out it will look bloated or it will be leaking gue...you then need to replace it with one that has the exact same values....hopefully its just some wire that has come loose and all it needs is soldering

I would check the wiring on the back of the speaker. The heavy vibrations on a bass speaker may have dislodged a poorly soldered wire or a crimp. Magnets don't die but the coil may be damaged.