I'm only 18, but I have really bad baby fever. What do I do?

I'm 18, but i'll be 19 in less than 3 months. I live with my boyfriend of almost 3 years. We have a big, 3 bedroom house, 2 cars, and he has a really good stable job. I graduated high school on time last year. I guess i'm trying to give you as much info about myself as possible, hah. My boyfriend is 24 (almost 25). I've had baby fever off and on since I was 17, even through my whole life i've known that i've wanted to have children someday.

I know that in the next year or so he will propose, and then after we're married we can start trying for kids. (I'll be at least 20-21 by the time it's born). I'm just wondering.. is it odd that I feel this way? I live in the south, and a LOT of ladies in my age range are pregnant or have already had children. I know i'm not mentally ready and we want to be married first, i'm just.. grippling with the uncertainty of it all. It's infuriating. I'm very young and I feel so old at the same time. I don't party like a lot of people my age. I like grocery shopping, filofaxing, organizing, and blogging. Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel a longing to be pregnant or to have children or babies? Why am I obsessed with bottle brands, baby clothing, or parenting methods? Why am I always so excited to see babies or children and to spend time with them?

With that being said, I want children so badly, but I don't feel like i'm mentally prepared. But then again, who ever is? What should I do? Have you ever felt this way?

I can relate went through all the longing and wanting then it happened. Nothing was what I thought. My relationship fell through. I ended up stupid enough to think that everything would be ok. Two kids and 10 years later and my whole life is upside down always has been and now I have dragged two poor children through the mess with me. Life isn't simple and sweet. It's cruel and unpredictable besides everyday I prey my kids will be ok. After seeing two of my brothers lose a child to heaven it shook my beliefs even more. Children are scary. Everyday you worry everyday you work as hard as you can but it will never be enough. Sleepless nights. Sick baby's. School bullying. Syndromes ect ect ect

Don't rush things the world is far to scary to rush.

Daydreaming about having a baby tends to not include anything but the fun part.

(I call it "No ants at that picnic" syndrome.)

I'm guessing when you think about having a baby you don't spend much time thinking about week after week of sleep deprivation . Or stretchmarks. Or the sheer amount of energy it takes to spend the day with an active two-year-old. Or the isolation of being a stay-at-home mom. Never sleeping in, no days off. Buying cute baby clothes is about one tenth of one percent of parenting. And even that is only fun if you're not caring for a cranky baby while you shop. You might want to spend some real, actual time around babies. Consider working in a day care for a few months to truly begin to understand what it's like to be responsible for a little human being.

I am In the exact same boat except I have been with my bf for one yr and I don't know what to do is driving me crazy I feel stupid... I feel like I am so young should I be enjoying college and "living life" yet I am so fixed on being a house mom taking care of my family and popping out babies. I literally find myself wanting to be pregnant but I shouldn't want that...should I? why do I do this?