who is the gatekeeper of philosophy?

Who is the gatekeeper of the philosophy section?

Update:

gate·keep·er (gāt′kē′pər)

n.

1. One that is in charge of passage through a gate.

2. One who monitors or oversees the actions of others.

3. One who controls access to something, such as information or services: publishers as gatekeepers.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserve

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should have asked that real man called Plato, unfortunately he died long ago and is not around to tell us.

Recently listened on youtube to a reasonable sounding guy* who knows a lot about computer cryptography and security..he might know of someone/something useful (!)

* Moxie Marlinspike (doesn't sound like a real name to me)

talking about gatekeeping authenticity in the lecture, BlackHat USA 2011: SSL and the Future of Authenticity.

• 5 years ago

Long ago, I was appointed The Holy Nexus One of the Philosophy Section, and like an absent-minded God, I occasionally drop in to see what condition our condition is in, and I'm sorry to say that the original gatekeeper moved to Bermuda and is drinking far too much rum.

• P
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

YA seem to accord that privilege to anyone who has the persistence (or guile) to reach level 7. Sadly it seems this trust is mispaced in some cases judging by the sections some philosophy questions visit on their frequent holidays to collect a few extra answers, no doubt as shiny souvenirs. Any hint of a hug seems to be like a red rag to a bull for our radical philosophic extremests who appear to have self elected themselves to the post of gatekeeper. Rick Moranis and his Ghostbuster buddies would have been proud. It may take our phantom mover some time to realise that their attempts to stifle free speach have some very unpleasant parallels in the real world. In the meantime Je Suis Charlie!

(((B)))

• 5 years ago

There is no such person. Any Answers user can report a question or answer. After that, a computer sends out notices. I'm not sure who fixes bad reports when you ask for a review.

• P
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Does anyone "fix" bad reports? If they do I've not noticed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Who else but our Heavenly Father. Afterall, we are created in his image. When people get too high-minded they do not see a need to acknowledge or turn to God. Here is my scripture for today :)

May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah,

You alone are the Most High over all the earth. Psalm 83:18

• 5 years ago

Us.... Philosophy is basically about the random yet meaningful thoughts that we humans have, it need not have anything to do with the "The Truth".

• peter m
      Lv 6
      5 years agoReport

Cannot agree with those last 11 words

(and as the 2 last words are needlessly highlighted, it probably should have been written, ..' (philosophy) need not have anything to do with.."fictional stuff ".')

• 5 years ago

No such thing anytime or anywhere. Mike

Source(s): common logic= no one has the right.
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

It is the mind

• 5 years ago

God is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.