What does fuel pump circuit #2 failed mean in plain English?

Please explain to me like U would to someone who doesn't know anything about electricity.

I recently bought a volt & ohm meter but need guidance on the operation.

I would like to know how to use this device instead of searching every wire one by one.

(1994 f150 mfi 4.9 automatic 2 door 2wd single tank rear after axle.)

GOD bless & thanks so much.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The meter is a good way to test for VOLTAGE going to the fuel pump. Find the wire (or two) that go to the fuel pump. Note where they go and disconnect them. Set your meter to VOLTS DC and attach the leads to the wires at the fuel pump. You may need someone to turn the key to ON (NOT Start) and watch the meter to verify ~12 volts. If it shows a NEGATIVE voltage, switch the leads around. You should get positive voltage then. If there is no movement of the meter needle or no voltage shows up on the screen, then there's no power getting to the fuel pump. If there's just ONE wire going to the pump, use the red lead from your meter as this is the power. Put the black lead to a good, clean body (or frame) spot as a ground. Watch for the same thing, ~12 Dc voltage.

Note: If you put the meter on OHMS and put power to the wiring, you'll pop the fuse in the meter.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Since you did not find that out yourself, who told you there was a failure in the circuit for the fuel pump? Go ask whoever that was how he came to that conclusion. Take your meter and ask him how to use it. If you don't understand the first thing about electrical circuits, then how will you even find the fuse and relay Harley Drive told you to check. A circuit failure may or may not mean the fuel pump is bad. It is not practical for anyone to teach you the basics you need with an answer here. But here's your first and most important lesson without explanation. LOAD IS CURRENT. Be sure to ask whoever does teach you basics to explain that clearly over and over until you understand what it means.

• 5 years ago

Your out of your mind!!!!!!! Ford Dealership. No way Im explaingin to you how to use that multimeter

What issue your having would have been helpful. since it being that old of a truck, either you need a fuel pump or you need to repair the wires and /or both

• curiosity5 years agoReport

I did a eec-lV test & the code means #2 circuit failed.
      What is circuit #2?
      If it is not the fuel pump.
      Thanks.

• 5 years ago

just check the fuse and the relay

• curiosity5 years agoReport

All fuses & relays R new & in good working order.The shut off valve with the red button is new also & is working correctly.
      What's next?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.