KT asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 5 years ago

Why do political candidates need money from fund raisers or endorsements? And why do rich people endorse them?

Favorite Answer

It costs millions in advertising for one.

It used to be the government would give X amount of dollars for campaigning to each candidate.

The result in Citizens United is radical. To accomplish this, the majority - - Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy and Alito - - had to overrule two previous cases where the Court ruled correctly that Congress and the States may try to keep corporate money out of politics. In the Citizens United case, the Court cast aside a 2003 decision, McConnell v. FEC, where the Court upheld the very provision it now ruled unconstitutional, and a 1990 decision, Austin v. Chamber of Commerce, where the Court had ruled that a Michigan law limiting corporate expenditures in elections did not violate the First Amendment.

Candidates for public office need a lot of money to run TV ads to get their names out there.

Most voter are uninformed about issues and wait until the last days to make up their minds about who to vote for.

If more voters were informed earlier, then candidates wouldn't need as much money to get elected.

I believe that the Internet is one tool that we can use to be better informed in between elections so that last-minute ads on TV would have much less influence on people.

I believe that people who are uninformed should voluntarily stay home, or abstain ab out the things that they don't know about rather than doing such things as voting for the name that they've heard the most, or even voting for the first person on the list. Many voters who are informed this do that.

Source(s): My opinions and my course on American National Government.

Because American Democracy has turned into a Capitalistic market. That's what happens when 3-6 houses, 2-10 cars, a yatch, looses their luster, Rich people will want to play barbie with your lives.

• Linda

Remember when Obummer said he would not take

donations??

Another LIE or did he just mispeak AGAIN???

Has any other Prez made 2 out of 10 of the biggest

lies of the year??

• KT5 years agoReport

Is that what I asked?