Everybody hates me because I'm gay?

I live in an extremly homophobic country in the Middle East called lebanon.I am gay. I really hate my life. I am 14 and I was planning on going to the U.S. as an exchange student or something and that was the only thing giving me hope and happiness...that is until my parents discovered I was gay since my sister told them(long story).Now they think I'm a freak I remember my mom and my own freaking sister saying that I was "disgusting". mom also said that I was never gonna get out of here.As u can imagine that really hurt me.Every where I go I hear about how horrible homosexuals are. Even in my school which is a catholic school.I have never told anyone I was gay for the fear of physically getting hurt.I also look really ugly and I have a lot of fears and anxieties and my social life sucks.My parents also look at me as if I am a monster and they won't even let me close the door of my room for the fear of me watching gay porn and "corrupting my mind".They also freaking take me to a therapist and are planning to change my sexuality but I won't let them and I won't even consider that.I am going through a lot this year.I also barely have any friend.The only thing keeping me happy and positive in life right now is playing some video games and listing to music. I really hate my life right now and I really feel stupid writing this but I am desperate to hear some advise/comfort.

Thank you:)

Favorite Answer

Don't give up. I am telling you. Don't give up. I think you are brave for going through all of this in possibly the worst circumstances ever. No matter how many times someone tells you, no matter how many people around you keep telling you: you are not disgusting and you are not worthless. You are you and no one can change that. Even when everything seems to fall apart, stay strong. I know this is anything but easy. And once you leave Lebanon, you will still encounter homophobes. It is inevitable. But don't let them stop you from being who you are. The world is changing. The LGBT community is fighting strong to attain rights for all. And more and more heterosexuals and homosexuals are being accepting of each other and living in peace, even though it may not seem like it now. Others will hate you and pick on you and taunt you but there are others who will stay by your side and see the beauty that you have and disregard the fact that you are gay. Because honestly, who cares if your gay or not? Why should people get angry over what makes YOU happy? It's your life. Not theirs. Unfortunately, your family is not the only one to react this way. I know you are going through a great deal but that is part of life. Life has its ups and downs. Don't worry. With time, you will be happy. But for now: stay strong, look at the positives (even though there doesn't seem to be any), remember who you truly are and don't let anybody stand in your way. In the meantime: considering how closed minded people tend to be in the middle east, If I were you, I would pretend to be straight so that my family can stop harassing me in the meantime and when I am old enough to take care of myself, I would tell them the truth. I hate it when gays have to be in the closet, but in your situation, I am afraid it might be dangerous if you don't. Don't beat yourself up for how you truly are: to get others to love you (your family for example), you must first love yourself. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your life is filled with smiles.

Source(s): I am 15 and I hope to grow in the next generation of adults who do not have a single problem with the LGBT community. I won't be mean to you as long as you are not mean to me.
    • zack6 years agoReport

thank u soo much And thanks for everyone who showed their support.This really helps.I really appreciate this. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation!! Your parents may be holding you back now, but when you get older, don't let anything hold you back from achieving your dreams! Although many Americans don't believe in Gay Rights, there are just as many, if not more, that DO! I think moving somewhere with more equality would be a great choice! Best of luck to you, never give up!

I am sorry to hear that, stay strong and dont let anyone hold you back or change your true self, just be yourself because nobody have the right to change who you are. As for your parents and sibling, dont hate them for that, there are some ignorant people in this world, they dont know how it feels like to be gay and wont ever understand, the world is the one who makes them thinks that way, as most people gay people are not accepted is society, unfortunately, but you can be the one to change that, proof that gay people are just like them, they are not a freak and they should be accepted for who they are, tell them what you honestly think about being gay and why they should stop being freak out about it, tell them that if they really love you then they should accept you for who you are instead of trying to change you just to make you fit in society.

Source(s): I am the same age as you, and I am a pretty open minded person, people can be change, so change the way your family think.

Well, I can tell this is a very difficult situation. I guess the only thing I can say is that Catholicism talks about Jesus, although they obscure Him with many traditions and customs. Many Protestants do the same. Jesus, though, is the answer to your situation. Tell Jesus about your situation and ask for the direction you should take.

Don't let people lie to you. Gay people are not horrible. Be strong and keep the thought that you will escape from your situation uppermost in your mind. This won't last forever.

• andy c

I don't hate you. Talk to a priest at your school/ go to confession.