how much is it to get a better power supply for my pc?

ok well I was gonna get a gtx 970 graphics card but the minimum requirements is 500 watts when my maximum power supply is 300 watts so how much would it be to upgrade to a 500 watt power supply for my pc thanks.

Try not to go with the minimum requirements , i would suggest a 600 watt psu reason some games can peak the psu need the extra space in case of that, a good psu will run about 65-75 dollars now it's the time to buy since it is the holidays and lots of discounts and rebates through the first of the year

A power supply (PSU) upgrade means replacing the one installed with another.

Although a 500W PSU should do, always try to buy one with a few more watts to have some room to spare. It doesn't hurt your PC to have more power available.

Here's a link with possible alternatives for different budgets -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Sub...

• Eric

It depends on the power supply. Check out newegg, for instance.

• John

pricewatch.com