promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

our all buddhist nations like tibet like thailand myanmmar bhutan nepal cambodia etc do they feel the same as tibet about being peaceful?

Update:

I know that but what I mean is why does it seem tibetean buddhism is more peaceful than the others and doesn't allow violence at all like dalai lama other holy leaders like wir tu in myanmmar says that killing muslims is fine and would like them all dead and he said that they know other forms of meditation and that they still get angry why is this

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are three main streams of Buddhism. Many Japanese (I am Japanese) are Buddhists but commited terrible atrocities during the war with China and Korea in the 1930s.

Tibetan Buddhism was never as peaceful as His Holiness said. They had divisions of 'warrior monks'

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • expert
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

Although buddhist nations are predominantly peaceful, Buddhism also shows typical symptoms of any other religion. Self immolation and killings are not uncommon in Buddhist nations.

Accordingly being buddhist doesn't give any guarantee that the land is peaceful. As long as they stick into a religious belief, shitt can happen at any time.

• 5 years ago

Don't believe the hype. Tibetan Buddhism allowed slavery until 1959. Not a typo.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Are you joking? Right now Buddhists are persecuting and killing Muslims in Myanmar.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I mean as in do they only want to be peaceful in bhutan and myanmmar like tibeteans

• Marc
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

The same political rubbish still causes violence they just can not drive it with the religion.

• 5 years ago

like Korea and Vietnam?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.