For all those who don't accept Jesus as eternal. What is "The doctrine of Christ" found in 2 John 1:9? "Whoever transgressing and does not?

abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ,he has BOTH the Father and the Son". Hint. See Micah 5:2! Whose goings forth have been from where???

Favorite Answer

John's words in his second letter about the doctrine of Christ, was a reference to the false teachings of the Gnostics who believed they had advanced beyond the teaching of the apostles. The heresy they taught was that the prehuman Jesus was created and not the eternal and uncreated Word of God (as John explains in the first chapter of his gospel).

In 2 John 1:9, John is speaking of the true teaching that Jesus Christ is the incarnate God-man.

Regarding Micah 5:2, this is a prophecy about the coming of Christ who predates history. There is an interesting reference to the prehuman Jesus in Hebrews 1:10. Speaking of the Son of God, we are told that in the beginning he laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. This is a quote from Psalm 102:25-27 and proves that Jesus, the Son, the Word, the Logos,was there at creation. Nothing that has been made came into existence except through him.

Jesus, the Word of God, was himself never created. That is the truth about the Son of God, the eternal and uncreated Word of God.

I am surprised that you can imagine people who do not think the Jesus in the Bible is "eternal", might gaze upon a quote from

ta-DAA! The BIBLE!!

and suddenly convert to your way of thinking.

The Bible reports that Jesus promised, right out loud in front of EVERYBODY, that whatever is asked of the Father, in the Name of Jesus, would be granted.

And yet, when I ask in R&S if ANY Christians dare to see if that promise is any good, all I get are thumbs down, and excuses.

If a few Believers would ask of the Father, in the Name of Jesus, to have Jesus manifest Himself visibly, a few feet above the playing field, at a televised major sporting event, would it be granted?

Your Bible has a couple of really great Epistles.

One says we are to "Prove all things", and another says that if Christ is not risen, our faith is in vain.

So, I'm looking for anyone who will prove that the Promise which the Bible says Jesus DID make, is neither a lie BY Jesus, nor a lie ABOUT Jesus.

After all, if the promise is not good, if Jesus is unable to do what the Bible claims He did so many other times, then somebody lied about Him meaning it.

And if they lied about Him meaning it, maybe they lied about Him being the Risen Christ.

And if He is not the Risen Christ, an enormous number of tithe-givers are owed an enormous refund.

• lavagrouch5 years agoReport

The bible "reports" a lot of things. However it must be understood according to the context. The answer is not always what we want it to be so if it's in line with the will of God then maybe we can witness how god honors that request.

• grnlow

There is no "mystery" here. Jesus is not Eternalvas Godbis without beginning nor an end. Jesus was created by God. His first creation. That is what firstborn means. Just as Colossians 1:15 states.

His is eternal in that he can never die again. 2 Corinthians 15 is also clear on this matter.

• lavagrouch5 years agoReport

It is obvious since Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14) and is also the first born son of Mary. In addition, He is the pre-eminent one in all things. References from Carm.org

• Moi

The doctrine of Christ - aka "the mystery of God" - is that the Father and Son are One.

Jhn 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

We are quickly entering the age of hate, of the self proclaimed wise who form arguments...if I win, that

doesn't matter, no points, just find something else.

Mormons & Watchtower are not answering but atheists help them. Tells me they link up.

Since there really is no good evidence that Jesus was an actually historic person, it is pointless to speculate on whether he is eternal or not.