how to Avoid viruses and threats ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • jj
    Lv 5
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Get a real time AV product. The free ones generally work well though I prefer the full fledged versions. I've been using ESET's NOD32 product for years but there are plenty of good products on the market.

There are a lot of people who swear by the product MalwareBytes. The free version is a good scanning product but does not provide real time protection. So you get an infected computer, hopefully clean it, get it infected again, hopefully clean, get infected again ...

The premium (not free) version of Malwarebytes does have a real time scanner.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

A general answer to your question also entails 'safe computing'. If you start surfing the grey areas of the internet you will encounter a lot of malware. Downloading pirated media, games etc from torrents is an invitation for malware.

If it seems too good to be true, it is. Beware of scams and phishing (pretending to be legit).

Finally, back up your computer every once and a while. An external drive works fine as do drive imaging products. This not only helps when malware has clogged your system beyond repair but also the inevitable day when your hard drive crashes. If you didn't run the backup (with the message that kept appearing) on your screen when you first got your system, do it now.

• 5 years ago

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC - http://moveantivirus.com/?GNDC
  • 6 years ago

You can avoid 99.99% of viruses by running Linux or FreeBSD etc.

You still have people sending you viruses, but they are harmless (if potentially annoying; at one point was getting about 1000/day Sircam in my email).

Avoiding threats generally is a bit more tricky but keeping all public-facing software up-to-date (browsers, plugins, PDF reader etc.) is recommended as is turning off services such as webservers and mailservers that you don't actually need.

In 40 years of computing I've never had a problem with a virus, but I have had my computer compromised at least twice, once via an unpatched Realvideo server.

• 6 years ago

To avoid virus and threats remember these below steps:

Use antivirus and CCleaner

Block file types that often carry malware

Use firewall protection

Stay up to date with software patches

Perform daily scans

Don't click on emails and attachments

Deploy DNS protection

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Using anti viruses.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Search A Good Computer Scanner Like AVG

• Install quality antivirus

Perform daily scans

• 6 years ago

You Install A good Antivirus and every day Upgrade and you install antimalway program and everydat scan your system.

• 6 years ago

Buy good antivirus, i recommend Eset for you.

• 6 years ago

good antivirus software like Avast.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.