what to do if I cannot open a single exe file or program in windows 7. No programs like IE or regedit or CMD are not working.?

• Me2
    Favorite Answer

This usually indicates that the file associations for executables (exe, lnk, com, scr, etc) have been hijacked.

On another computer, plug in a flash drive, then download the file below to the flash drive.  The script is my work, and I attest that it performs no malicious actions, but you are welcome to have someone familiar with Visual Basic script review it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/d9in2qm441xnf8j/FixE...

Transfer the flash drive to the problem computer.  Log on to an account with administrator's rights.  Open Explorer and navigate to the flash drive, then double-click FixEXEs.vbs.

Results should be immediate, but if you still cannot open programs, then the script probably did not run with adequate privileges.  Try right-clicking FixEXEs.vbs and clicking Run As Administrator.

Reboot.