- LouisLv 76 years agoFavorite Answer
vow可當「動詞」或「名詞」用。當動詞用時：If you vow to do something, you make a serious promise or decision that you will do it.
1. If someone swears, they use language that is considered to be rude or offensive, usually because they are angry.
2. If you swear to do something, you promise to a serious way that you will do it. （此時的用法和字義同動詞vow）
3. If you say that you swear that something is true or that you can swear to it, you are saying very firmly that it is true.
4. If someone is sworn to secrecy or is sworn to silence, they promise another person that they will not reveal a secret.Source(s): Collins Cobuild English Dictionary for Advanced Learners
- geoLv 66 years ago
覺得vow 好像也比較正式。例如結婚的誓約是vow，但好像沒聽過婚禮上說 I swear...。