Why would a guy do this?

Honestly... how can a guy develop such a great relationship with you, take care of you, open up to you, let you meet his parents and insist on meeting your parents... and then go back to his ex? This happened to me over the summer and I felt that I did something wrong. I was left confused and heartbroken. We... show more Honestly... how can a guy develop such a great relationship with you, take care of you, open up to you, let you meet his parents and insist on meeting your parents... and then go back to his ex?
This happened to me over the summer and I felt that I did something wrong. I was left confused and heartbroken. We clearly had more in common and from the sports he plays and the things he does, I may be able to conclude that I may have been his 'dream girl'.
I don't mean to sound insensitive but it's been about 4 months now since he broke it off to go back to his ex (he even (only a few times) would tell me how much better I was than her because I ______(blank))
They dated for a year and a half (he's a junior now) and now they've been dating for 3 months.
I texted him (NOT FLIRTING) and he was fine.
I mean, is there any way he would come back to me (when they break up) after given our experiences? He's practically my dream guy and I felt he was too good for me but he apparently didn't think so then.
I just makes me sad... I don't know.
1 answer 1