faith asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 5 years ago

Princess Grace Kelly?

Well my sister's name is Grace Kelly too except the last name is spelled differently and I'm just curious about the princess. I'm not looking for anything specific but the answer with the most information gets best answer.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Grace Patricia Kelly (November 12, 1929 – September 14, 1982) was an Oscar and Golden Globe winning American film actress who, after marrying Prince Rainier III, became known as the Princess of Monaco. She was born into a rich Catholic, Philadelphia, Pennsylvanian family. Grace's " father, John B. Kelly, Sr., won three Olympic gold medals for sculler. He later founded a brickwork contracting company that became well known on the East Coast. He registered as a Democrat, and was then nominated to be mayor for the 1935 election, but lost by the closest margin in the city's history. In later years, he served on the Fairmount Park Commission and, during World War II, was appointed by President Roosevelt as National Director of Physical Fitness. Grace's mother, Margaret Majer, taught physical education at the University of Pennsylvania. She was the first female to coach women's athletics teams at the institution. She was also a beauty queen and model. In her later years, she suffered from a stroke and was admitted to a convalescent home where she eventually died of pneumonia at the age of 91."

Compared to her siblings, Grace was shy and not as athletic, She was more interested in acting, something that two of her uncles had done before her, performing or writing screen plays. "While attending Ravenhill Academy, a prestigious Catholic girls' school, Kelly modeled fashions at local social events with her mother and sisters. In 1942, at the age of twelve, she played the lead in Don't Feed the Animals, a play produced by the East Falls Old Academy Players. Before graduating in May 1947 from Stevens School, a socially prominent private institution on Walnut Lane in the Northwest Philadelphia neighborhood of Germantown, she acted and danced. Her graduation yearbook listed her favorite actress as Ingrid Bergman and her favorite actor as Joseph Cotten. Written in the "Stevens' Prophecy" section was: "Miss Grace P. Kelly – a famous star of stage and screen." Owing to her low mathematics scores, Kelly was rejected by Bennington College in July 1947."

Grace Kelly modeled while attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.

Her movies include:

Fourteen Hours

1952 High Noon

1953 Mogambo

1954 Dial M for Murder M

Rear Window

The Country Girl

Green Fire

The Bridges at Toko-Ri

1955 To Catch a Thief

1956 The Swan

High Society

Kelly also appeared in television films.

While visiting in France at the Cannes Film Festival, she was invited to take part in a photo shoot at the Prince Rainier's palace in Monaco. They liked each other and they eventually agreed to be married. They had three children, Caroline, Albert, the current reigning Prince of the Principalirty, and Stephanie.

Grace, Princess of Monaco died in a car crash. She had been suffeing from high blood pressure for sometime, and had a stroke while driving on a treacherous mountain road. Her youngest daughter, Stephanie, was with her and reported that her mother just froze. Stephanie could not do anything to stop their vehicle and it plunged down a hillside. Grace suffered another, more serious stroke and later died at a hospital. Stephanie suffered a fracture of a vertebra in her back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Kelly

To get an even better picture of Grace Kelly, try reading these biographies about her--these books are in my collection and they are good:

High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly

Nov 3, 2009

by Donald Spoto

Grace Kelly

Aug 27, 2014

by James Spada

Life: Remembering Grace

Oct 28, 2008

by Howell Conant

Bridesmaids: Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco, and Six Intimate Friends

May 1989

by Judy Quine

The Grimaldis of Monaco

Sep 1992

by Anne Edwards

Rainier and Grace: An Intimate Portrait

Oct 1989

by Jeffrey Robinson

Grace Kelly was elegant in her style and her manners. She was named part of the International Best Dressed list.Her philanthropic efforts include: Princess Grace became involved with philanthropic work since she was no longer allowed to act.

Kelly founded AMADE Mondiale, a Monaco-based non-profit organization that was eventually recognized by the UN as a Non-Governmental organization. According to UNESCO's website, AMADE promotes and protects the "moral and physical integrity" and "spiritual well-being of children throughout the world, without distinction of race, nationality or religion and in a spirit of complete political independence." Her daughter Princess Caroline carries the torch for AMADE today in her role as President.

Princess Grace was also active in improving the arts institutions of Monaco, forming the Princess Grace Foundation in 1964 to support local artisans. In 1983, following Kelly's death, Princess Caroline assumed the duties of President of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation. Prince Albert is Vice-President.In addition, she was one of the first celebrities to support and speak on behalf of La Leche League, an organization that advocates breastfeeding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Kelly

Princess Grace of Monaco came to the aid of Josephine Baker, another actress, when Baker was down on her luck. Grace found her an apartment and helped line up singing and acting jobs. Grace also involved Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, widow of John F. Kennedy, in this effort. There are too many things that can be said about Kelly and it is better for you to read well-researched biographies---many of them, so you can really learn about this woman's life.

My favorite films of Grace Kelly are High Society, Rear Window and To Catch a Thief.

• Clo
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

I also added other information...but certain people like to criticize, having the need to build themselves up by insulting others.

• 5 years ago

Gosh a challenge like that will give you yards of pointless cutting and glueing. Try this site.

http://www.gracekellyonline.com/.

As an actress her best roles were probably the Hitchcock films (Rear Window, Dial M for Murder and To Catch a Thief) - but her best known is the musical re-make of The Philadelphia Story, "High Society" which popularised Cole Porter's song True Love in her duet with Bing Crosby.

• 5 years ago

Beautiful woman.

I'm a big fan of the old Hollywood classics. My favourite of hers was "high society" the actually film that captured the prince of Monaco i read. She also looked exceptionally beautiful in "To catch a thief" starring opposite Cary Grant. She could also act too that's why director Alfred Hitchcock cast her in "Dial M for murder" a tense drama. She was absolutely breathless beautiful.

• She was an American actress who married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956. She died in 1982 after suffering a stroke while driving.

I wrote an article about her here which you can read before someone copy+glues it on here by clicking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Kelly

• Clo
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Not all the answer is quoted, but you don't read because you carry a grudge.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TSK
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Dead...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.