Will train conductors/engineers face a lot of job insecurity once ptc is implemented?

Thinking about trying for a job in train service. I'm self employed as a dairy farmer right now, but have become preoccupied working with cattle and sometimes it just feels like your spinning your wheels financially. And there's no benifits. I've done some research on the web and it seems people say the... show more Thinking about trying for a job in train service. I'm self employed as a dairy farmer right now, but have become preoccupied working with cattle and sometimes it just feels like your spinning your wheels financially. And there's no benifits. I've done some research on the web and it seems people say the biggest cons to a railroad job are no social life and odd work hours. But I feel niether of these would bother me because I already have little to no social life and work long and at times odd hours farming. I've lived next to the railroad my entire life and trains have always facinated me. So i feel the railroad lifestyle would be a good fit for me. I do have a chance right now to get half my family farm in my name. Which would be 250 acres. Thought my dad would take it to his grave but my threats of going to the RR must of changed his mind. I've invested a lot of time, money, and effort into the farm so in some way it would be stupid to pass it up but I'm just not sure its what i want to do for the rest of my life. One thing about farming though is I really like is the variety. You never get board. Just frustrated at times. And you know you'll always have a job as long as you work hard at it. So I would appreciate any opinions from anyone working the rails right now on what I should do. And mainly I'm wondering can the job become boring (no variety) after a while?And will stability for new hires be terrible once they get this ptc up and running? Any responses would be much appreciated!