Joey asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 5 years ago

What folders should I move from my SSD?

What folders should I move from my SSD to my HDD to make it last longer?

So far I was told that I should move:

#1: Documents Folder

#2: Videos, Pictures, Downloads and Music

#3: Temp Folder

Any other obvious ones that I should be moving?

(I dont have the SSD yet but ill be installing Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit as the OS + boot system)

I know how to move all the above folders, if you list any other folders I would appreciate if you specify how to move that specific folder in case I cant find any good results from google.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

if your SSD is small then you should just leave ONLY the OS's files on the ssd. any games or extra software should be installed to the HDD... also you cant move the Documents folder (as it is hard coded into the users folder) same thing with the videos and pictures folders.. (inside the documents folder) the temp folder can be moved but should not... as moving it will slow down your computer....

A SSD has a limited read/write time before being prone to failure. If you use your SSD a lot, it make sense to move your items to a HDD.