EVERY Component needed in building a computer (and other small questions)?

I need to know every component needed in building a computer, or whether or not I have all the components. I don't need anything telling me that I need less ram or anything, just want to know how much more I need, or whether or not I'm done.

-Intel i7 5820K processor

Either:

-Nvidia GTX 750 graphics card

-Nvidia GTX 750 TI graphics card

-Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card

(Do all of these work is what I'm asking, not together, apart obviously.)

-Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 Wi-fi LGA 2011-3 ATX Intel Motherboard

-Crucial 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-2133 (PC4-17000) C15 Desktop Memory Module Kit

Either:

-CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

-Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply

-Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators (and would I need 1, 2 or 3?)

-LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH16NS40 - OEM

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

So, I've got a:

-Hard drive

-Fan

-CPU

-GPU

-Mobo

-RAM

-Powersupply

Do these all fit, what doesn't fit, and what else do I need? Thanks for taking the time to answer and read :)

Favorite Answer

Thanks for setting up the exercise - not everybody with a Question here knows exactly what components (s)he wants. From the knowns in this components list, ye're setting up a system that would be excellent for video editing. However, I do have some substitutions to recommend.

To complement the Intel® Core Processor™ Extreme™ i7-5820X (LGA2011v3), Gigabyte® GA-X99-UD5, and LG® WH16NS40 optical drive, the system could use the following:

Case: Antec® Eleven Hundred™ V2. This case includes three 120mm fans in the top and rear, and provisions for another seven, incl. two in the windowed left panel for inlet air.

Power Supply: Antec® High Current Pro™ 1000 Platinum™. This unit is built to major-OEM specifications, unlike the Rosewill® RBR1000-M, and has earned an 85+ Platinum energy-efficiency rating. Maximum +3.3/+5VDC Combined Power: 130W. Four +12VDC rails, each rated to 30max A: One for CPU Power Supply EPS12V, 4+4-pin; two for Video Display Adapter(s), 6+2-pin per each; one for motherboard and accessories.

CPU Cooler: Phanteks® PH-TC14CS. Equipped with dual 140mm fans, this is the best current downdraft fansink for LGA2011v3 applications. Most motherboards, the GA-X99-UD4 included, are set up for downdraft coolers to blow CPU-exhaust air across both chipset and memory heat spreaders.

Main Memory: Crucial® CT4K8G4DFD8213 (4 x 8 GB DDR4-2133, CAS 15-15-15-36-2N @ 1.066 GHz MClk @ 1.20VDC); your system can take two complete sets of four UDIMMs per each.

Video Display Adapter: Gigabyte® GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD (1.178-1.329 GHz nVIDIA® GM204 GPU, Windforce III® fansink with three blowers and 10mm copper heatpipes; 4 GB 256-bit GDDR5-7000 video memory; requires one 8- and one 6-pin PCIe auxiliary power connections). The mostly-similar GV-980G1 GAMING-4GD (1.228-1.329 GHz nVIDIA® GM204 GPU) is set up for two 8-pin PCIe auxiliary power connections.

Case fans: Antec® Tri-Cool™ 120 Double Ball Bearing. The dual ball bearing design is the most performance-oriented of all current motor constructions for case fans. Recommend two inlet fans to blow air across the hard drive(s) and two more to cool the PCIe expansion cards and provide CPU-cooler air.

Secondary storage: The GA-X99-UD4 packs no fewer than six SATA 3.0 ports, the first four of which are usable simultaneously with an M.2 PCI-Express solid-state drive. Recommend, in addition to up to two Seagate® ST3000DM001 HDDs and the LG® WH16NS40 optical, a Samsung® MZHPU512HCGL PCI-Express SSD, which will be useful for accelerating the OS startup process.

Good luck with this build.

• pdl756

Graphics card- yes any of them will work, but the 970 is easily the more powerful card.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[...

Since you're building a high dollar system, I'm surprised you're not considering the GTX 980.

Motherboard and cpu are fine together.

Memory- that board supports quad channel memory, so for optimum performance at least 4 memory modules should be used in the like colored memory slots (either gray or black slots, whichever is primary).

Like these-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Sub...

Power supply- without a doubt, the HX850. It'll easily handle that system with two 970's and overclocking the cpu. I just put that psu and a GTX 980 in my rig last week.

Case fans- not sure what case you're using...not listed.

BD burner- that's fine...just keep in mind that an oem burner does not come with the disc with the burning software, only the retail version has that.

As it stands, everything looks fine. Will it fit? Don't know what box you're putting it in.

Hard drive- 3TB...that's massive storage. Any thoughts of an ssd for the os and primary programs?

You definitely have everything you are going to need in the computer. The only thing I would say is definitely get a 900 series gpu, 970 or 980 and unless you are doing a lot of video editing or CPU heavy tasks an i7-4790k would be cheaper and work just as well.

You don't need 1000W, unless you are running a server, 600W - 700W would be enough.

• Slim

Find a bundle deal that fits your need or you will spend more money than you need