is it weird to wear bandanas on my ankle, wrist, and belt loop?

So this guy graduated in 2014, and he wore bandanas on his ankle, belt and wrist and he was straight had a gf for 4 years.I'm straight as well and I like the look I think that it's cool.what's your first thought when you see a guy wearing bandanas and is it socially acceptable in today's time? Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Best Answer

1) If you think it looks cool, then do it.

2) Typically, a limb-wrapped bandanna signifies a "delinquent" or "rebel" style. On one hand, this means it isn't "socially acceptable". On the other, the "punk", "grunge", and "metal" music-inspired fashion scenes (where such a style is most prominent) are still fashion scenes and as such thrive on the fact that the target group accepts the fashion being displayed.

-----

But, let's assume that this "Punk kids do it"/"Metalheads do it" isn't indicative of what you mean when you say "socially acceptable" because they are not part of the societal norms. Well, then, I have to disagree.

If you name-drop Nirvana, Blink-182, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or even Megadeth, then people will create an image. And that image might very well include a bandanna somewhere on their person. The fashion style is recognized, which makes it "acceptable" even if the people won't necessarily like what they think it stands for.

Or, if that fails, have them call up Bender from [The Breakfast Club].

-----

But even this is only a small part. See, bandannas play a role in 80's Hair Metal and Glam Rock fashion. Poison, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Joan Jett...members of these bands (or, for solo artists, their supporting musicians) would frequently wear bandannas in light of fashion: add a slash of color where it wouldn't be expected. GLAM the audience, so to say.

Of course this might bring concerns of you living in the past...But asymmetry is used in the contemporary fashion world all the time (for the same reasons, even!) in order to make the styles unique, so that objection doesn't hold much weight.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I personally think he is a weirdo and would run from him, but its ok to wear bandanas on your head and maybe one on your wrist but not at the same time

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

One bandana might look really cool but three would definitely be overkill.

• 5 years ago

Then just do it. Who cares what everyone else thinks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Well I ment only one at a time, probably should have specified that, thanks for answering I appreciate it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.