Alex asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 years ago

Can you help me?

Jared Gilmore & Lana Parrilla - "It's complicated…: http://youtu.be/faHe0uBt-wA

In this vedio Lana does some gesture as she says the word 'complicated'. I don't get it. Is it a kind of joke? What's she intending? Why people laughed? English isn't my first language. So anybody can help??

Favorite Answer

They were talking about her character having to make a choice, and she mimes tossing a coin, where you flick a coin spinning in to the air, and decide what to do depending on what face of the coin will be visible when it lands. Like a coin toss at a sports match to decide which team will play which side of the field.

• RE

The decision is left to the random flip of a coin, rather than making a real choice.