promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

For how long can a (CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1500VA 900W PFC Compatible Mini-Tower) hold a computer desktop running?

Update:

If it can't last 30 mnts, what UPC can?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The length of time this UPS can keep your computer running depends upon the power consumption of your computer.

Even though this UPS is 1500 watt, its output is only 900 watts with Power Factor Correction which means it will deliver an actual 900 watts at the design voltage.

Going by the specs, it is supposed to deliver 900 watts output.

If your total load is 900 watts then it should keep your equipment running for 2 minutes.

If your total load is 450 watts, then it should be able to keep your equipment running for 11 minutes

Source(s): 20 plus years in computer support. 40 plus years certified electrician.
    • Ure Boika6 years agoReport

Thank you for answering. I have another question, tho.

Let's assume that I have a typical desktop (use typical values). If that advanced CPU cannot hold the whole system running for 30 mnts (I use it for gaming), what type of CPU can last for 30 mnts?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

It depends upon how much power is being pulled by the computer which depends upon the processor, the fans, the number of hard drives, the monitor you have ...

Run your system off of the ups to see how long it takes to discharge.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.