promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Hey I am building my first computer and I would like to know if this build would "work" meaning everything would fit together and Work well.?

This is my cart at Newegg.com for my soon to be gaming PC and i Would like to know if it is everything I need. Is all of this compatible with one another? Also will this be a quality gaming PC?

-Full Tower

NZXT Phantom PHAN-003RD Red White Finish w/Red Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

-HDD

Seagate ST4000VX000 4TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Surveillance Hard Drive

-Motherboard

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

-Power Supply

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

-Thermal Compound

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM

-RAM

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

-CPU

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX

-OS

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

-Case cooler

NZXT FN-140RB 140mm Case cooler

-CPU cooler

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes

-GPU

ASUS DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the fx8350 is kind of dated now. Unless you are getting it for like $130 or under, i wouldnt bother with it tbh (i used to own one, its great, but a haswell i5 is a lot better for the $150-200 price bracket).

and with the total cost of the pc, your gpu seems weak in comparison. you are wasting too much money on other things you could be putting towards a better gpu. (gpu is what really really matters for pc gaming)

EDIT: id suggest something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsWkzy

my build is similar (i have a i7-4770K with a gtx970. i got the 4770K for $220 last year otherwise id would have got an i5), but im using a full atx motherboard and full tower case (fractal arc xl).

i regret it and wish i went with micro-atx motherboard and node 804 instead (im actually debating getting a microatx and a node 804 and possibly selling my old ones).

• ...Show all comments
    • Konakona
      Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

the 9370 is just a fx8350 (its literally the same exact chip), its just clocked higher. even the worst 8350 can overclock to 4.4ghz easily.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Is there a CPU and GPU you would recommend ? I'm not on a tight budget at all. I want good power.

• 6 years ago

Plug your parts into this website and it will tell you if there might be any problems. It will also help find the best prices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.