Is it in any way possible to make cookies without an oven?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

U can do on the Stovetop but I wud like to warn u dat it may take much time if u plan to make cookies in large amount. Start wid small batch.

Steps to follow:

1. Prepare your desired cookie dough.

2. Put a tiny shaving of butter in a non-stick skillet and warm over medium heat until the butter is melted. Swirl it to coat the bottom of the pan.

3. Roll a tablespoon full of dough in your hands and place it in the pan. Place about 4 or 5 balls in the pan at least 2" apart. Press the cookies down slightly with a spatula. Cover the pan with a lid and bake for about 5 minutes.

Imp Note: Be CAREFUL to keep the heat low so the butter doesn’t burn off. If you need to lower the heat please do so. Then, lift the cover and flip the cookies over with a spatula. Bake again for another 5 minutes with the pan covered.

4. Remove the cookies and place them on a rack to cool slightly. Enjoy!

TIPS: If u plan to make a lot or have leftover dough then I'd suggest freezing the rest of the dough.

Spoon the unused cookie dough onto a cookie sheet like you would when baking them, but don't leave much space between them.

Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer overnight, and then when they're frozen, transfer to an airtight container.

Then, whenever you want cookies, you can cook them using the above method.

• 5 years ago

There are ways to make cookies without an oven and you will find many recipes for no bake cookies on the internet. Some do require some cooking on the stove top. This is one recipe which I like.

No Bake Avalanche Cookies

Ingredients

•2 cups Crispy Rice cereal

•1 cup mini marshmallows

•½ cup creamy peanut butter

•1 lb white chocolate

Instructions

1.Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.

2.Mix cereal and marshmallows in a large bowl. Set aside.

3.Melt white chocolate and peanut butter together in a double boiler. I prefer using a double boiler for melting white chocolate so it will melt slow and smooth, but if you prefer the microwave, you can do it that way too.

4.Once the white chocolate is melted pour it over the cereal mixture and stir until completely coated.

5.Drop using a tablespoon onto the lined pans.

6.Place in refrigerators until chocolate is set.

Notes: store airtight for up to 5 days in a cool place. You don't have to refrigerate these, but if they are kept in a warm place they could become sticky.

You will find many no-bake cookies on this website:

http://dessert.food.com/recipes/no-bake-cookies

• 5 years ago

Yes there is a few microwave cookie recipes which I have used and taste amazing! Also only take a few minutes to so win win.

If you're thinking healthy you have the banana and oat cookies which you just mash the banana and add some oats to it put in the microwave until the crunchy you want and done. Of course add a few chocolate chips if you want to.

The link is a chocolate chip Microwave recipe to.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Not real cookies - they need to be baked. You could use a combi-microwave, or even a dutch oven standing on the hob.

There are substitutes - cold recipes like the one given, or things like welsh cakes which are fried.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jimmy
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Microwave.

• 5 years ago

you can use microwave but it's going taste absolutely awful.

• 5 years ago

buy some

• 5 years ago

fry them??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.