promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is there anything I can do for an old injury that is starting to hurt because of the weather?

Over the summer, I hurt my foot. I was in a walking cast for a few weeks and then it finally stopped hurting. Well, it's getting really cold here now, and my foot is starting to hurt. I have to walk a lot for my job and for school, and today my foot was really bothering me. Is there anything I can do? I really don't want my foot to start hurting like it did over the summer.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The same thing happens to me. I have very bad feet/foot and knee problems and I have been told that it is totally normal for past injuries (or surgeries) to be sensitive to the cold and rain because of your joints. But anyways I just always make sure to keep these areas very warm. So if you know that you will be out in the cold then wear thick/fuzzy socks and put hand warmers in your shoes. It's annoying but you get used to it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Yes, especially for older people, they can feel it in their

bones when the weather is going to get drastically cold

because it makes their effected bones/ joints hurt worse. As a younger person I never believed it but I am

older now so I feel it when it happens.

• Shines
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

Take an ibuprofen and wrap your foot in an ace bandage or one of those elastic socks that drugstores sell.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

can do for an old injury that is starting to hurt because of the weather

open the 2nd greenlink on https://tr.im/b3444 formore

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Run it under warm water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.