Is there anything I can do for an old injury that is starting to hurt because of the weather?

Over the summer, I hurt my foot. I was in a walking cast for a few weeks and then it finally stopped hurting. Well, it's getting really cold here now, and my foot is starting to hurt. I have to walk a lot for my job and for school, and today my foot was really bothering me. Is there anything I can do? I really don't want my foot to start hurting like it did over the summer.

Favorite Answer

The same thing happens to me. I have very bad feet/foot and knee problems and I have been told that it is totally normal for past injuries (or surgeries) to be sensitive to the cold and rain because of your joints. But anyways I just always make sure to keep these areas very warm. So if you know that you will be out in the cold then wear thick/fuzzy socks and put hand warmers in your shoes. It's annoying but you get used to it.

Yes, especially for older people, they can feel it in their

bones when the weather is going to get drastically cold

because it makes their effected bones/ joints hurt worse. As a younger person I never believed it but I am

older now so I feel it when it happens.

• Shines

Take an ibuprofen and wrap your foot in an ace bandage or one of those elastic socks that drugstores sell.

can do for an old injury that is starting to hurt because of the weather

open the 2nd greenlink on https://tr.im/b3444 formore

Run it under warm water.