Probability worksheet help- Combination problems?
I was wondering how these problems are solved. Thanks for any help.
4. In the original version of poker known as “straight” poker, a 5-card hand is dealt from a standard deck of 52. What is the probability of the given event?
A. A hand will contain at least one king. Answer: 0.34
B. A hand will be a “full house” (any three of one kind and a pair of another kind.) Answer: 0.0014
5. A swim meet has 6 teams competing with 10 members on each team. If medals are given to four random
swimmers for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams, how many possible medal winners are possible?
6. A gumball machine contains 100 gumballs, twenty of each of the colors red, blue, green, white, and yellow.
What is the probability of you and your friend both getting red gumballs? Answer: 0.038
11. The chance some likes roses is 8 out of 10. The chance someone likes peppermint ice cream is 7 out of 10. In a
sample of three people, what is the probability
A. that two of them like both? Answer: 0.414
B. that all three like one or the other? Answer: 0.831
13. What is the probability that a 5-card hand dealt from a standard deck contains
A. 4 aces and a king Answer: 0.00000154
B. 4 aces and 2 hearts Answer: 0.00000462
C. 4 aces Answer: 0.0000185
14. The probability that a stolen car will be recovered is 63%. Find the probability that exactly 4 of 5 stolen cars will be recovered.
- Julius NLv 75 years ago
14. n = 5; p = 0.63; q = 0.37; P(x = 4) = nCx p^x q^(n-x) = 0.2914298