Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 years ago

People who like modern music: You do realize your music won't stand up to classic legends, right?

you know, REAL artists like aretha franklin and johnny cash and merle haggard and the beatles and queen and black sabbath and rush and pink floyd and michael jackson and the temptations and ac/dc and van halen and the jackson 5 and chuck berry and elvis presley, right?

name me ONE modern artist who will be remembered 50 years from now. ONE. can't name any? well, that's cuz they SUCK! and you know it and you're in denial and don't want to listen to REAL music.

Best Answer

Right. And today's artist like Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus will always be remembered as "The ones who destroyed music forever"

• Huh
      5 years agoReport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQ7nrTX-U4&list=PLIc82wVPbDMJAoUplRFd_Kf4wnTg4KTuX

Yes I agree those are all great artists, but there's some very talented people this generation as well. I do believe there will be legends from this day and age.

• .

Classics will always be classics but music in general continues to improve. I'm not talking about mainstream garbage the masses listens to.

There's some who have potential to be famous. Some that stick in my mind are Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Beyonce (I think shes ok, though overrated). Those are just a few I can think of.

• Soulo

Modern doesn't mean mainstream. I hate when y'all pretend to be big music fans when y'all only know the popular stuff of each decade

• ?

Music is so old that a lot of modern songs' melody originate from ancient music.. Going way back to Babylon, Mesopotamia and even Sumeria.. And Ubaidian culture possibly.. I think.. ?

Agreed. Nothing today will compare to the classic bands of the british invasion or the new wave of british heavy metal.

The last stretch of good music was grunge. After Kurt Cobain died and post-grunge (nickelsuck) dominated the radio along with later things like kesha, nicki minaj, and everything hip hop, music has acquired terminal cancer.

~Aizen

Adele sounds a lot better than Aretha Franklin.

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Adele has released how many CDs?

• O.o

I'll let you know in 50 years.

Many artists you mentioned are overrated. and ive a feeling the Backstreet Boys will be seen as Legends 50 years from now.