Switzerland/ Italy/Germany/ France/ or Austria?

Hi so I am currently a sophomore in high school and I am doing a foreign exchange program for junior and senior year in Europe and my mom also wants me to move there for college. I can't decide which of those countries I should do and anyone living there please tell me which one would be best for me, I am very outdoorsy and not very outgoing ( i can be with friends though) , learning a language or several is not a problem for me, Somewhere with friendly people who are not racist!! ( I am Asian) and where I can attend a good but not expensive university and just succeed on my own in general.

Favorite Answer

Well, it's hard to say but in France lately has arise an anti immigrant sentiment, you are not an immigrant but usually all kinds of hate towards foreigners turn finally in the same.

While they have reasons to feel like that, for example, Muslims are allowed to dress like they do in their countries, but a French cannot do that out there, those Algerians form gangs who destroy cars and houses all the time in France, specially Paris, has had the effect on autochthonous French of make them to see most foreigners as undesirables.

In the case of Italy there should not be a problem, specially now that the economy is pessimal, and in the North where many people arrives to study are in deep need of money. Try Milano, Torino or Genova.

Germany and Austria are very opened to students with money, many Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Singapore study there and they love the culture as the Europeans love theirs.

Since both nations were one before Britain prevented their reunification, after they were fighting themselves because of Schleswig Holstein, there are few differences between both.

But I'd say that Austria is a little more quiet place. Germans hate noise and foreigners doing it (I'm also German descendant and i know about it) specially in the North, Hamburg, Rostock, Lubeck.

In Jena, Dresden, Chemnitz you could feel at your leisure, since those are la crème of universitary cities and people only dedicates to study, not like in the US and Latin America and abroad.

Austria in general terms it can be alike, Innsbruck, Linz, Wien, but with the difference, that you won't see the sea. In summer the well being on the mountains can be something unbearable. If you are used to live near the sea, or if you are aware how dangerous a heatstroke can be, i recommend you the north of Germany, Kiel, Flensburg, Hamburg, Bremen, Schwerin. Leisure times and even your daily route to the high school can be a pleasure like in no other nation. Most of them go in bicycles, so get used to one.

Give Denmark a try...I loved it there...did part of my undergraduate work in Copenhagen.

You will have to learn Danish. Absolutely.

The Danes are very friendly, and love other races, as long as you behave properly. Very smart race, and very gentle souls. (my experience.)

Think it through. Maybe make a short visit first?

Best wishes to you.

Switzerland is the best for foreigners if you have a plenty of money

why you asked this 2 times?