Confused about "Luke 6: 27-31"?

What does "Luke 6: 27-31" say about the people at the time? What was the underlying issue or problem that this passage implies about the society or the people at the time?

I heard people at the time believed they were all "sinners" but don't know why they did.

I am writing a major term paper on it, but still need a thesis and a few main ideas to write about.

Sorry, I am not asking people to write the paper for me. I am wondering if anyone can answer the questions above and/or point out a few main ideas for my paper. This is my first time learning about

Christianity, so it's just a lot to absorb.

Thanks for your help :)

• texman
    Favorite Answer

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

------------------------------

According to God's Word, the Bible, we are all sinners. God tells that if we break even one of His commands, then we have broken them all. We do sins because our old nature is that of a sinner. This sinful nature keeps us from being able to earn Heaven. We can only go to Heaven with Jesus if we are "born again". This means we have to (1) Realize we are a sinner (2) realize that the wages of our sin is death, which is eternal separation from Jesus in Hell. (3) realize that Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sin debt so that we can have forgiveness. (4) We have to be willing to accept Jesus' blood sacrifice 100% to cover our sins. We cannot do anything ourself to cover our own sins. Only the perfect Son of God can pay for us. We must ask Jesus to save us from our sins, and live forever in our souls.

------------------

In regards to your theme, people are naturally selfish, and want their own way. Luke was reminding the people that we need to treat people the way we want to be treated. People were no different then than they are now. We want everyone to treat us nice, even though we do not treat then that way.

Answered in your previous post.