Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 5 years ago

What do you think of the name Thomas for #2?

I am due with our second boy on December 5. My husband and I already have a 9 year old son named Jason Shepard. Jason is after my husband's late best friend, and Shepard is after his grandfather. We are so excited that we get to finally meet our Peanut in about 3.5 weeks! December 5 is my scheduled C-section date, and it is rapidly approaching!

We are now considering the name Thomas for our Peanut. What do you think of it? We love the name Thomas Andrew!

Our last name is Elliot, so he would be Thomas Andrew Elliot.

God bless you all!

Love,

Sophia, Adam, Jason, and Peanut #2

Favorite Answer

Aw! Thomas Andrew is adorable! Thomas is such a strong, traditional, classical, sweet, simple, masculine, handsome, and charming name. You can seriously never go wrong with this name. Thomas is 1,000,000 times better than something trashy and forgettable like Hunter or Jayden or Ryder. Thomas is perfect! Can you imagine a list of kids named Paisley, Mason, and Aidan, and then there's little Thomas! If I were a teacher, there would be no comparison to these names. Thomas is such a classic and is stunning to hear in 2014 being used on a baby!

Andrew is a wonderful compliment. I am a little sad to see that you may not use Andrew as the first name (because, you know, Andrew Thomas is great too), but Thomas Andrew sounds great! These two names flow flawlessly together, and it also sounds great with your last name. No matter what you choose, you have an amazing taste in names, so you will never find a name that is bad.

Basically, Thomas Andrew Elliot is PERFECT! =)

• 5 years agoReport

Thank you so much for your answer! We have decided to go with Carter as the middle name (my surname), so he would be Thomas Carter Elliot if we go with Thomas. =)

• Jenny

I think that's the winner! Thomas Andrew and Jason Shepard sounds really good together, and I'm sure they'll love each other andtheir names ♥

• Jan409

Thomas is a lovely name and Thomas Andrew Elliot flows beautifully

Good luck for the birth of your little peanut

What a handsome name! It's a name that can grow up with him...Tommy for a little boy and Tom/Thomas for a man (if you like nicknames). It sounds nice with Andrew, too.

Just one thought: since both of your older son's names have meaning, maybe you could find an honor name for Thomas's middle?

• 5 years agoReport

Thank you very much! We have actually decided to have the middle name be Carter (my surname). When we told my mom and dad this, they both loved it. So, he would be Thomas Carter Elliot if we decide on Thomas. =)

Jason and Thomas sound good together. And Thomas Andrew Elliot really flows nice. Good Luck with the birth. :) x

• ron h

Thomas is a great name for a man. He can be Tom or Tommy if he wants to be. You're having a baby, but raising a man. And Andrew goes really well with it.

• Linda

Congratulations and Thomas Andrew is a keeper. It pairs well with Jason. You don't have long to go. Take care

It's a great name but my little dude is loving Thomas the train right now so that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the name Thomas!

That's a lovely name really goes all the best

• JustMe

Thomas sounds good..you can also use Timothy.