Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Do you think that Obama could achieve his goals better if he were more conciliatory with the GOP and his own party's Congressional leaders?

NOT exactly the way the next two years is starting out!

It doesn't mean he has to "cave," just be more open?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think he could achieve more, Like Reagan with Tip O'Neil and Clinton with Newt Gingrich, a lot of good things can come out of divided government. Now with that said, the question is "Will" he change, that has yet to be seen and by his opening salvo at the Press Conference, I don't see him pivoting on much of anything. I hope he does, but suspect he won't.

• Lv 6
      5 years agoReport

Well stated!

• 5 years ago

The last 6 years have proven that the Republicans, who actually ran on no compromise" and stopping Obama's agenda, never had any intention of working with Obama before. I don't really see that changing now.

• 5 years ago

Obama doesn't play well with others. He doesn't know how to be a president. He just dictates the Americans. He was a complete waste of our time and money.VOTE REPUBLICAN!

• bond
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

He is the lamest of lame ducks. The only way anything will get done is if he caves. Like Bill Clinton did. Or use his executive powers, which will start a firestorm with congress.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

He tried that in his first term and the gop only moved their demands farther to the right. That is why he is using EOs.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

NO, he is too arrogant and would rather see the country destroyed than to compromise.

• 5 years ago

That would entail him admitted he made mistakes, which will happen when Hell freezes over..

• Lv 6
      5 years agoReport

No doubt!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.