Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

Confessed to a Girl who likes me back, but ended with awkwardness :((( What is going on???!!!?

Ok... So... I have a female friend who really enjoyed my company. We would talk all the time both in person and with text. Eventually, I fell for her. I would ask her out to the movies and/or to study together. Yesterday, she kept on asking me who I liked. After consulting her best friend, who told me that she liked me back and that I should go for it, I told her I liked her. She seemed happy at first, and we continued talking. She told me she was moved by my confession. Afterwards, I asked her who she likes, and she told me that it's a secret, and that she will kill me if I asked her best friend. This morning, I felt as if she saw trying to evade me. Although we still talked during lunchtime, she seemed distant and wasn't so enthusiastic when talking to me. After about 30 mins, she sent me a note apologizing for her behavior. In the note she clearly wrote that she feels the same way too, but she doesn't know whether or not we should be together. She then continues and talks about how she doesn't want to lose me (her best friend). I told her I wouldn't do anything that would cause our friendship to break, and that I would always be there for her... The following afternoon, she started to become... weird. Before, when we made eye contact, she would smile at me, but now, she would look away or wouldn't even make eye contact at all. I have no clue and have no idea what's going on! Please! I don't want to lose my best friend!

• John
    Favorite Answer

First of all, "I don't want to lose our friendship" is the dumbest excuse. Because its already gone. You either pursue things and be together, or you don't and you part ways.

So, you confront her and ask her what is the deal.

"I told you I liked you, you told me you liked me, and then you started acting weird. It isn't complicated, we just need to be together. Because if we are not, then we will lose each other anyways. Don't give her "a day or so" you need an answer. If she has to think about it, then the answer is no.

Don't say you will always be there for her, because you won't. Seriously. You will always be there for her IF and only if you are together. If you are not together, well, you're eventually going to be with someone else, and then you aren't there for her anymore.

When you like each other, and confess your feelings (which you have done) there is no going back. Period. Seal it with a kiss, or cut contact with each other. Those are the options.

And it is complicated now, so don't do it in front of other people. Sit down privately with her, in person.

Tell her to stop over-thinking it.

Confront her in person. Straight up tell her that you care about her and that you want to be with her! Just give her a day or so.

okay go up to her at her locker confess your love in front of everyone and if she looks happy then kiss her also tape the whole thing and post it bc adorable

Chill. Do other things. Look busy.