Are tattoo Tap out sessions worry it?

Basically I have a crazy amount of tattoo ideas in my head that I have wanted to get done for the longest. I can't imagine how much it would cost for each but I have a sort of idea in my head. Where I live sometimes tattoo shops have these deals called tattoo "tap out sessions" which means unlimited ink until you can't take it anymore. It's usually around $500 for as much tattoos as you can handle. Question is are these sessions worth it? It sounds like a amazing idea to get a lot of work done but I noticed it's always the little tattoo shops that have these deals so I don't know if the artists are of a high caliber. For example living in New York the best tattoo shops around me are Three Kings, NYHC, Champion tattooing, & tuff city tats, etc in which are of a very high caliber & they never do these "tap out sessions". Would it be okay to trust just any small not very well known tattoo shop to tattoo me with one of these sessions for like 7-9 hours( who knows, just assuming that's how long I'd last.)

Depends where you are having it. Ive had 15 hours in 3 5 hour sessions done in the last 6 weeks without a break and after the 4th hour im usually in pain but i can control it. The last session i had (3 hours ago was under the biceps around the triceps) and was pretty big geometric shape with dot work and intensive colour. This hurt alot and by 1 hour i was ready to stop but just got on with it in alot of pain. Think about where you will have the tattoo before you plan your session length because some areas dont hurt much and others will freaking kill! :D

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are tattoo Tap out sessions worry it?

Basically I have a crazy amount of tattoo ideas in my head that I have wanted to get done for the longest. I can't imagine how much it would cost for each but I have a sort of idea in my head. Where I live sometimes tattoo shops have these deals called tattoo "tap out sessions" which...

Source(s): tattoo tap sessions worry it: https://shortly.im/E70BU
  • Chris

you pay for what you get

depends what you want, if you want it to be very detailed they you are going to have to spend the extra money, but if its plain and simple im sure any tattoo artist can do it.

its not that good of a deal, if you have any tattoos then would would know how much it hurts, i have a half sleeve(colored) that took about 6 hours to do, after the second or third hour the pain got 300x worse, my guy didnt have that deal so i ended it and had 2 sessions of 3 hours a piece. so i doubt i would be able to last the 7-9 hours, 5 hours might be pushing it. since a lot of places charge 100$ n hour your better going to a well known place

• Nathan

Lol we have been doing tap outs for a few years now in Georgia, lol we even ccall them our tap out deal. They sell like hot cakes. The nice thing about them is it gives us a while to work on your tattoos without feeling rushed and allows us to create at our own pace. I have done tap outs of one image (my absolute favorite) and of multiple pieces. If they're multiple pieces in one area like a sleeve it allows us to know what's going around the image and to make it a unified piece. They're well worth it if the artist can hold their own. Ours are 10 hours or until you tap out. The beauty of it is we can do much bigger work charge less but still make more than we normally would on that day. Some people have a large tattoo that if done hourly would cost way more and obviously we want to do bigger and better work. Trust an artist only as far as their work will let you.

Source(s): Licensed tattooist 5 years
  • ?

tattoo tap sessions worry

• tosto

Tapout Tattoo

Don't take the risk when you notice that the artist are not good at it and when you notice that it is not a safe place. some offers a tap out session like Sale Items in a mall, but then some offers it just only to practice their skills on your skin. so better watch out!

yes if you feel at any point that you need a break just say to the tattoo artist and they will understand, everyone reacts differently-some people can go through without a break and others need a few- they will be fine with it, you'll probably find its not as bad as you thought it would be and be able to sit there quite happily but if you do need to just say.its in both parties interest for you to be comfortable with it all.

• eddie

Tattoo Gallery, Lettering, Photos & More