Ouday
Ouday asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 years ago

Why are feminists so envious of men's only clubs and the fact the majority of CEO's and big exec's are men?

Based on what I've seen, many feminists seem to believe that there is this big conspiracy to oppress people with vaginas in the corporate world. Is this why they appear so envious of male CEO's or why they despise men's only clubs?

What are your thoughts?

Best Answer

I think feminists don't see being a CEO as WORK. I think they see it as dress up. As a game of pretend. I think they see the 'high powered executives' on TV and want it handed to them like a game of pretend. They don't want to have to WORK to get it. There are female CEOs. There are high powered female executives but, for the most part, I think it's safe to say that they WORKED to get there. They weren't plucked out of feminist blog land and given power suits, brief cases and a chauffeured limo and a place to go and act like they're making important decisions.

• Elana

Considering that they are working on setting up womens clubs left and right, they don't have a leg to stand on. Of course they call them "safe places" for women, but it comes to the same thing. These health clubs for women only still end up being places where women in management talk about business - the very thing that women were protesting in the 70s.

And now, the MAJORITY of middle management in the US is female, the majority of government employees in the US is female, the majority of new diplomas in the US are female etc.

The percentage of CEOs and politicians is gradually swinging to women which isn't suprising because there will be so few men with the necessary education in the future.

Envious you say? Show us facts. Show us proof. If you can't come up with those, you are very insecure. Have your men only places but better not call us anti- male when we have ours too. Thank you.

• Kayla

The fact that there are men's only clubs does not bother me in the least. If people want to have clubs with only their gender or even their own race, then thats them and I dont think they should be denied that right. Men do not have to include women in everything they do, just like blacks dont have to include whites in everything they do but some whites seem to think so because they catch tantrums over the fact that blacks have networks dedicated to entertaining them, and so does hispanics. Some whites seem to voluntarily ignore the fact that 90% of the people on American television are white, which is why minorities have their own networks in the first place because they want to see people that look like them. Anyways, I do believe the fact that most of the CEOs and big executives are white males have alot to do with sexism as well as racism. It just shows that a white male is much more likely to be promoted than minorities and women with the same exact experience and education. I think its even more complicated for a colored woman to get promoted for positions like those because not only are they women, but they are also minorities, so they have double stereotypes against them that may hinder them from getting that type of promotion and they pretty much have to overcome barriers

• Boris

Ouday the CEO. My thoughts.

women are oppressed, to be denied the same opportunities as men enjoy in the business world and the work world as well. I cant believe how often I see men denying this fact. I wonder what hole in the ground that they prefer to stick their heads in.

@madame: I said that women ARE oppressed due to the lack of opportunities that men so more easily have by comparison, among many other reasons that they are still oppressed in todays society. I think that you misread my answer.

• Kayla
      5 years agoReport

Women arent oppressed...seriously? Shut up because you sound dumb

Some people have spiders in their brains.