Sold an item on eBay - Shipping to NIGERIA?

Sold an item on eBay & the buyer has paid in full via paypal. However they live in NIGERIA. I Sell USB sticks & he has purchased £95 worth and paid £10 for shipping. I have withdrawn the money from my PayPal account into my bank account and have told him i will ship monday. however i am skeptical as i never to overseas selling and do not want to be ripped off!

i should also add he has NO (0) feedback on ebay but has been a member for 4 months. He paid immediately just like all of my UK customers.

I will ship with a tracking number that i will provide via the PayPal transaction. so im trying to do everything i can to make sure im not ripped off, however im worried about chargebacks, ect.

• Roddy
    Favorite Answer

You NEVER ship to Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the very few countries banned by eBay. The email you got saying you were paid is likely fake or they used a stolen credit card to pay for it.

If you actually send the item a few days later you will see a negative balance in your PayPal account. PayPal will pull that money from your bank.

Do a simple google search for Nigerian scams.

After shipping the product, you will soon receive a refund claim either for non-delivery or for sending the wrong item.

• NA

If you can actually SEE the money in Paypal, I'd ship.