Need Help with Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 - Cannot Screen Capture Video?

I want to record a screen video for my project at school. I know Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 can help with this. But when I open the Screen Capture, my Recoding Button did not work (as in the picture) I cannot hit the button to start the recording. I do not need to record the voice because I am not talking, I just need the video. Would anyone can help me with this? Thanks

Here's what my X5 screen capture settings look like. The only difference I can see is that I don't have a copy put in the program's library. Maybe you can't save a copy to your computer and capture to the library, too. Maybe it's one or the other? (And, yes, this sounds stupid to me as I type it but you never know. Try Unchecking the Capture to the library option and see if the record function works:-).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22020217@N05/1565570...

The only other thing I can think of is that you're trying to screen record something proprietary and/or protected that can't be screen recorded.

Have you used the screen capture before? If not, bring up another website and see if you can screen record it. If you can, then the website you're trying to record is preventing the recording somehow.

Source(s): Once I started using the Video Studio screen capture to make my tutorials, I gave up using CamStudio. The VSP screen capture makes a good quality video and really fast! You end the video and hear the "bing!" and see the pop up that the video is ready to watch.