Elizabeth asked in PetsOther - Pets · 5 years ago

Any Ideas? need rabbit cage help?

So me and my dad are going to build a condo cage for my bunny. We were gonna use NIC cubes but the cost added up to over $100 so we decided to use wood and chicken wire. Its going to have tree floors when its done. The bottom will have a big thick peace of belting material my dad got from work and its so heavy my bunny can't lift it so it works! That's where im putting his water, food and litter box so the belt will protect the wood bottom. But idk what to do with the other floors! I don't think we can use belting up there too. Its too heavy! Its like 40 pounds. We cant buy carpet or tile either. I don't want him to hurt himself on plain wood, will he? I'll obviously have mats and rugs up there but I need a floor base. Any ideas? Its going to be about 5 feet long and 5 feet high and 2 feet long sideways.

• Morgan
    Favorite Answer

Use linoleum. You can order it to size and cut it to fit the cage. Just make sure no edges are exposed or your rabbit will probably chew it. You can stick the linoleum to the wood with a sticky-paint type material (I think, for some lino, it comes with it)

I would reccommend memory foam mats for extra comfort. You can get them online and just get a few to put on the floor up there :) Look at cage tours on youtube, that would probably help! Good luck!

Chicken wire is not as strong as NIC grids. Keep that in mind.

You can use linoleum or vinyl over the wood on the top floors.

wood is fine.

Is the cage off the ground on a framework?

use hay not straw.