Why are white celebrities trying SO hard to be black now?

We have been oppressed, discriminated against, and gone through way too much crap from white people and then they want to turn around and act out and portray the very same things that they gave us hell about. I find that to be incredibly stupid,

Favorite Answer

I'm white and I agree. I think there are 2 sides to this though. On one hand there are white people that are obviously trying way too hard to be black, but the other thing you must look at is that black artists and celebrities have gone VERY mainstream in the last 10-15 years or so, and anything that reaches that point will reach the public and influence them, sometimes to the point of complete imitation. This is why I hate mainstream media. You'll see this in many other genres and sub-cultures as well. It's not that I hate black culture or anything, I just don't like this new age yolo swag BS. I like some old rap but I don't go around acting black or anything.

There is no "trying to be black", being black as well as some aspects of black culture is being endorsed and more and more people are saying its not a bad thing.

Times, people and cultures have changed , moved on for the better, its one thing to fight racism, its quite another thing to fight with people of other races, cultures and colours whom are also helping in the fight against racism, look more deeply at the subliminal messages, its positive not negative..........................

Now? What about Al Jolson back in the 1920s?

considering many whites are mixed race i'm not sure why this is a real issue of our times.

i have no idea either.