does plan b work during ovulation?

I had sex. The condom slipped off and there was some pre *** in it. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating at this point (which is the only time one can get pregnant) so I was just thinking, if the pill works by delaying ovulation, that means the person couldn't have even gotten pregnant in the first place, correct? So they wouldn't have even been pregnant since they weren't ovulating so how does the pill then prevent a pregnancy? Anyways, I'm paranoid now because I think I was ovulating and then I took the plan b pill 18 hours after I had sex. Do you think I could be pregnant? I haven't had my period yet. I got it the 26th of last month and it's now the 22nd of this month. I'm so scared now. Help

• Ashlee

Well, you are not late yet so don't panic, it will only cause your period to be delayed. Also, that plan b pill reacts different to everyone's body and it could make your period come on quick or it could make it not come at its regular time because it is made to mess with your bodily functions. It is suppose to prolong ovulation, so the longer ovulation is prolonged, the longer it will take for your period to come. I would not worry at all the likely hood of you getting pregnant from this is very slim to none, especially with using the back up plan b pill. DON'T STRESS, everything will be okay take a pregnancy test if you are concerned but wait a week or so from now to take one and make sure to use your first morning urine. You can get them pretty cheap at wallmart (87 cents) if money is an issue.

• ?

Technically there is no 'during ovulation'. Ovulation is a moment, not a process. There is before ovulation, the second of ovulation, and after ovulation. What you refer to as 'ovulating' doesn't actually exist.

If you were close enough to your expected ovulation date to get pregnant, but before actual ovulation, Plan B could still delay the actual moment of ovulation and prevent that possible pregnancy.

Plan B can't prevent what's already occurred. If ovulation already occurred then you wasted money on Plan B.

If your not already pregnant, the plan B pill will work